BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 01, 2006

Quote For My Girls To Live By

I watched an amazing movie last night called "Akeelha And The Bee." There was a great quote that I'd love my girls to live by, I hope that I can live by it as well.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we our powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give people permission to do the same."
This quote was the one used in the movie.

This quote here was written by a lady named Marianne Williamson but more well know by Nelson Mandela from his Inauguration Speech.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate; our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light--not our darkness--that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the universe. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. You were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within you. It's not just in some of us--it's in all of us, and as we let it shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

I don't know but it seems as this quote could be applied by anyone anywhere during any part of there life.

No comments: