BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finaaly I Did It

After 5 long years I have finally made the provincial team.
I will tell you all about my weekend although it may not make sense to some but oh well bare with me.

So on Saturday there was a total of 34 ladies. I was a number 3 seed going into the tournament. I finished 3rd in my section not a great finish by any means. After our sections we go into a DOUBLE knock out. I made it past the first round and in the second round I got knocked down to the B side and my first round in the B I got knocked out by Jayne Osbourne. I earned a whopping 5 points fir the day. I don't remember who knocked me down to the B on Saturday.
On Sunday again there was 34 ladies. I was a disgusting 17 seed going into day 2. On this day we had 5 in our section and I finished horrible again with a number 4 finish. Yuck. I played Brenda, Anne Marie, Linda, Crystal, Judi and again I'm missing another name. But I won all my matches and won the entire day earning myself 25 points and a number 5 seed for day three.
On Monday I needed an average day. I placed second in my section on Monday. I played Marla my first match. Anne Marie C my second match and Wanda who is going to be my partner for ladies at nationals knocked me down to the B and the round after that I played Cindy and she knocked me out. Thank goodness I made 9 points for the day and secured myself 5th spot on the team.
It was a tough weekend and things looked grim at times but all my hard practice finally payed off. I can't wait to got to nationals in June. I think the girls and Fabian may go spend that week out in Saskatchewan.
That's all for now

2 comments:

Live your Dream Team said...

WAY TO GO! So where's Nationals? Excellent Excellent work -- very proud of you :-D

Chris said...

Congrats Nikki!! Good work!!