BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Long Weekend

On Thursday we went to Calgary and picked up Uncle Jason, we had a short but nice visit. He brought Taylor a puppet of a puppy and she really likes it, it barks to different songs like old McDonald and a couple others. Very cool little toy.

On Friday we went to Edmonton for a dart tournament. We stayed with Uncle Calvin and Brooklyn (which hopefully soon will be auntie Brooklynn). They have a new little puppy so cute. Taylor loved her until she would go after her food or her pant legs.

Friday night I played in a blind draw and didn't do very well. Saturday I played ladies doubles and I finished joint fifth with Wenda Carter. Saturday afternoon Brett and I played mixed doubles and did really good in our section unfortunately we came against a really tough team when it came to the knock out round. Sunday I played ladies singles I finished joint ninth over all and got knocked out by a lady who is number one in BC so not to bad in my mind. I shot very well, I beat a really amazing dart player in my section. I shot a 19 dart game which is very good in ladies darts. Sunday afternoon I played mixed triple our team was Brett, Pat Robinson and myself, a pretty decent team if I do say so myself. Although we had a very tough section and didn't make it to the knock out round, which may have been a blessing cause we got to get on the road at 7:00pm for the trip back to the Hat.

Taylor and Fabian seemed as if they really enjoyed there visit with Calvin and Brooklynn in Edmonton unfortunately due to darts I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with them.

Taylor really traveled well this weekend. We had a little bit of whining but she actually didn't sleep all that much. From Medicine Hat to Calgary she didn't sleep at all. She slept a little from Calgary to Edmonton. And on the way home from Edmonton she didn't fall asleep until after Brooks. So the little bit of whining was ok. I remember before we had the DVD player she would cry from Suffield to Calgary.

All in all it was a very good weekend and I'm sure it will take all 3 of us a little while to get back on a normal schedule although mine is better I have been able to get at least 2 more hours sleep a night. We just have to work on Fabian and Taylor now.

No comments: